Lived on-board Hadar

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Uxbridge to Harefield

4.4 miles, 4 locks, 2hrs 25mins.

Map picture

Black Jacks Lock

The dry dock was filled with water at 8:10am.

SAM_1315

It didn’t take too long to fill.

SAM_1316

Unfortunately when I went to start the engine it would only run on one cylinder, so we had to crawl to just before the Swan & Bottle, where we pulled in and I had to strip down the engine to bleed the air out of the same injector pump. We obviously have a problem with air very slowly getting into that pump, so at some point I will have to check all the pipe connections etc., are done up tight.

We moored up above Black Jacks lock in Harefield and then walked to my sister and her husband’s house for lunch and a great chinwag all afternoon.

SAM_1320

During the walk to their house I took a photo of their house from across the fields.

SAM_1319

Hadar moored above Black Jacks lock and mill, a very picturesque spot, a favourite location my parents and my younger sister used to come to one their first boat for weekends.

Keith.

No comments: