Lived on-board Hadar

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, March 28, 2011

Washing Machine Strip Down

With another misty start to the morning we decided to strip the washing machine down to find out why it has been misbehaving, whilst waiting to start the next coat of paint on the cabinside. Recent we had problems with running the washing machine, and finding a horrible black sludge trapped in the drain pump filter, and Jo complaining of a horrible smell and smoke coming from the machine. As my smell senses are not the best I took her word for it. So we dragged the machine out into the galley and started taking it apart. Having removed panels, and pipework, I took out the drain pump and whilst drying it with a cloth noticed very black water coming from the rubber ring seal, so I removed the ring, and the black water was coming from behind this, and ultimately from the motor part of the pump. It looks like a new pump is needed, so we have left it out and put the washing machine temporarily in the hold until I can get a replacement pump. Hopefully it won't take too long to source one once we are back in Harborough. Having got as far as I could with this and I started to clear up inside the galley, Jo made a start on the 2nd coat of blue on the cabinside. having finished tidying up I joined Jo outside and put another coat of blue on the large mop pole, and a 1st coat of blue on my 2nd water can.

No comments: