Lived on-board Hadar

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Painting and Varnishing.

It has been a fantastic morning weatherwise, so this was our chance to catch up with some paintwork. It finally looks like the weather is warming up. Keith turned his attention to the galvanised bucket. He has had this bucket for many years. it used to be green with roses and Pisces signwritten on it, but the years have taken their toll on the paintwork and it was in need of some TLC. Keith is now painting it in the red, white and blue of the boat and will then signwrite Hadar on it.I turned my attention to our Ash Carrier which was a present from Mo and Nessa on NB Balmaha. It is made of galvanised steel and so could probably cope perfectly well without being painted for a while, but I thought it would be nice to give it some added protection. Not only that Keith can then put the boats name on it, so it is personalized to us.Our Galley doors also got my attention today. I like to varnish them at least once a year, twice if the weather allows. It helps to protect the woodwork, as we like to have them open in all weather.

With the morning jobs done, we are taking life easy in the afternoon, as neither of us wants to overdo things. Keith is now coming down off of his pain killers. This will take a few days and then we will know if he is really pain free. I am not pushing my shoulder to hard, as it gets very annoyed if I overdo things. I am hoping my Physio appointment comes through soon.

No comments: